SGNIC welcomes all interested parties to be its accredited registrar. Since adopting a Registry-Registrar model in 2002 SGNIC has accredited both locally-based and foreign-based registrars and will continue in doing so.
To be an accredited registrar, you must meet the requirements listed below. Further information can be found in the Guidelines for Application document.
- Prior Experience:
Each applicant must have at least 6 months priori experience in domain name registrations and management as a reseller or an accredited rgeistrar of other gTLDs or ccTLDs.
- Technical Capability:
The applicant needs to demonstrate how it can accomodate all archival database requirements. Detailed plans also need to be submitted with regard to security systems, provision of daily back-ups, maintenance of database, etc.
- Business Capability:
A business plan must be submitted by the applicant on how it can efficiently and securely handle registration services.
- Financial Capability:
Singapore-based applicants must establish that they have a minimum of SGD$50,000 in working capital for the preceding 2 years prior to the application .Foreign-based registrars will need to be ICANN-accredited registrars.
- Organisational Capability:
Ability to provide prompt and efficient customer service and technical support to registrants must be demonstrated by the applicant.
Once an Application form is submitted, the accreditation process will commence.
- The applicant submits its application to SGNIC with all necessary supporting documents and information requested for in the Application Form.
- SGNIC evaluates the submitted application and clarifies with the application on certain areas if the need arises. SGNIC may also request for more information from the applicant if the initial supporting documents and information provided are deemed insufficient.
- SGNIC grants a provisional acceptance of the applicant as its registrar once the application is approved
- The applicant goes through an OT&E test to ensure its technical systsms are able to connect smoothly to those of SGNIC's.
- The applicant will be confirmed as an accredited registrar of SGNIC once it passes the OT&E test. Both the registrar and SGNIC will also need to endorse upon the Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA).
Fees and Payments
||Amount (SGD $)
||Applicants will need to pay SGNIC this fee at the point of application.
|Registration Accreditation Fee
||$1,500 per year
||As each accreditation is for a period of 3 years, at the point of provisional acceptance of a registrar, the registrar will need to pay $4,500 to SGNIC.
||At the point of provisional acceptance of a registrar, this amount will need to be paid to SGNIC. This amount will be used as the registrar’s opening balance within the system. Registrations and other domain actions like renewals will be drawn down against this deposit account.
Note: All fees above will be subjected to a 7% Goods and Services Tax.